Mason Moreland is responsible for growth, process improvement, and finance/risk management at Texas Vine Country (TVC). His superpower is underwriting unique assets, and his passion is finding overlooked opportunities and seizing them. Though he...
Mason Moreland is responsible for growth, process improvement, and finance/risk management at Texas Vine Country (TVC). His superpower is underwriting unique assets, and his passion is finding overlooked opportunities and seizing them. Though he focuses on the Texas vineyard niche currently, throughout his career he has worked in residential real estate investing, oil and gas, and environmental consulting. He is a herpetologist and is an alumnus of Texas Tech University. He spends his time outside business with his growing family and doing anything that is challenging!
Let’s tune in to his story!
[00:01 - 06:33] Opening Segment
- Fortune Cribs helps investors buy short-term rentals and select markets across the country for as little as 10% down with no cash on cash returns in the 20-30% range. They will design furnish and manage all your day-to-day operations, making your experience truly hands-off. If you want to take the next step in growing your real estate investing business, go to FortuneCribs.com and book your free consultation now!
- Let’s welcome our guest, Mason Moreland
- How he, a herpetologist, became a real estate investor and vineyard syndicator
[06:34 - 18:23] Vineyard Syndication in Texas
- Underwriting Your Vineyard Syndication
- Mason answers common questions and addresses misconceptions in vineyard investing
- Why You Should Get Crop Insurance for Your Vineyard
- An insight into Mason’s day-to-day operations
- Why Mason chose to invest in Texas
[18:24 - 33:34] Managing Your Vineyard Syndications
- A Guide to Find Your Vineyard
- Factors to Look For to Find Your Land: Cold air, soil, water, and more
- What Happens After Closing Your Vineyard Deal
- The Financing Side of Vineyard Deals
[33:35 - 37:44] The Legacy Round
- Want to know the best-kept secret when it comes to investing in single or multifamily flips? Hire an interior designer. Elevate your design, reconfigure your floor plans and develop functional spaces all to maximize your ROI. Melanie Rene Designs has over 12 years of experience designing in the San Diego real estate market and is ready to help you increase your profits on flips buying, wholesale short-term rentals retail, and more! Just reach out to Melanie at email@example.com.
- Mason talks about his best and worst vineyard syndications
[37:45 - 44:30] Slice of Knowledge
- Mason’s Last Words
- “Go in peace and glorify God through your lives.”
- One Slice of Wisdom
- “Don't take negativity to heart. Don't keep it around you. It's not worth your time.”
- Books and Masterminds to Try
- Wines Mason have Produced
Connect with Mason through Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, and LinkedIn.
Thanks for listening to Multifamily by the Slice!
If you liked our show, please LEAVE A 5-STAR REVIEW, like, and subscribe!
CONNECT WITH US:
FIND US ON:
Amazon Music Audible
I Heart Radio
Multifamily by the Slice Podcast
“Velocity of cash flow is overrated if you can trade it for other things.” - Mason Moreland
“You could be waiting for years to put in a vineyard, but not in Texas.” - Mason Moreland
🍕Thanks for listening! Please subscribe to the show and leave a 5 star review. We appreciate your support.