Brandon Burns is a Senior Vice President at Investors 1031 Exchange with a focus on sales and marketing for the company. Brandon is a very experienced commercial real estate executive who has served on the investment committees over several real...
Brandon Burns is a Senior Vice President at Investors 1031 Exchange with a focus on sales and marketing for the company. Brandon is a very experienced commercial real estate executive who has served on the investment committees over several real estate capital firms throughout his career. He has been involved in over one billion dollars of real estate development and acquisitions and has helped acquire 64 projects that have gone full cycle across many asset classes, He has raised over $600M in equity for various real estate projects and was instrumental in successfully issuing $180M of debt on the Tel Aviv Stock. Brandon has undergraduate degrees in real estate, as well as finance; from Baylor University.
Let’s tune in to his story!
[00:01 - 07:53] Opening Segment
- Fortune Cribs helps investors buy short-term rentals and select markets across the country for as little as 10% down with no cash on cash returns in the 20-30% range. They will design furnish and manage all your day-to-day operations, making your experience truly hands-off. If you want to take the next step in growing your real estate investing business, go to FortuneCribs.com and book your free consultation now!
- Let’s welcome our powerhouse guest, Brandon Burns
- Brandon began in the financial side of real estate
- Know why he thinks 1031 Exchanges are really powerful
- Brandon’s tasks as a 1031 Exchange Intermediary
[07:54 - 16:33] 1031 Exchange Wealth-Building Opportunities
- Four Major Hurdles in Identifying a Property
- Identification Time Period
- Your Net Sales Price
- Constructive Receipt
- Same Tax Return
- Brandon defines what a like-kind exchange
- How to Find Great Investment Opportunities
- A Delaware Statutory Trust is the only funded structure that's eligible for tax-free 1031 exchange money to go into
[16:34 - 20:49] The Legacy Round
- Want to know the best-kept secret when it comes to investing in single or multifamily flips? Hire an interior designer. Elevate your design, reconfigure your floor plans and develop functional spaces all to maximize your ROI. Melanie Rene Designs has over 12 years of experience designing in the San Diego real estate market and is ready to help you increase your profits on flips buying, wholesale short-term rentals retail, and more! Just reach out to Melanie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Brandon tells his experience of working with a company that raised money through the financial advisor space
- Know how to remove as much of the risk off the table for yourself
[20:50 - 32:58] Slice of Knowledge
- Brandon shares his daily routine
- One Slice of Wisdom
- “Pay attention, do your research, understand, but also be willing to take on some well-calculated risk without going into a paralysis by analysis situation.”
- Real Estate Multifamily Vocabulary
- Capitalization Rate
- Settlement Statement
- Comparable Property
- Books and Masterminds to Try
Connect with Brandon via email@example.com, Linkedin. Send him a text or give him a call at 214-280-0908.
Thanks for listening to Multifamily by the Slice!
If you liked our show, please LEAVE A 5-STAR REVIEW, like, and subscribe!
CONNECT WITH US:
FIND US ON:
Amazon Music Audible
I Heart Radio
Multifamily by the Slice Podcast
“As long as you have a qualified intermediary in place before you sell your 1031 exchange, then a lot of things can be fixed.” - Brandon Burns
“There are so many distractions in life, and if you don't set aside some portion of time for yourself and be disciplined with those things, then inevitably they don't happen. As an adult in today's world, you have to be intentional.” - Brandon Burns
“Real estate rewards risk if you take the risk. If you take the right risks.” - Brandon Burns
🍕Thanks for listening! Please subscribe to the show and leave a 5 star review. We appreciate your support.