Jesse began investing in real estate at the age of 16 with his parents and has since launched several successful real estate investment companies. Jesse works with new and seasoned investors, helping them to accelerate the growth of their net worth....
Jesse began investing in real estate at the age of 16 with his parents and has since launched several successful real estate investment companies. Jesse works with new and seasoned investors, helping them to accelerate the growth of their net worth. Jesse’s company, JSJ Sustainable Investments, is a residential & commercial real estate investment firm that offers its investors and global clientele lucrative investment opportunities with seasoned, high-net-worth strategic partners nationwide.
Let’s tune in to his story!
[00:01 - 07:53] Realizing that Flipping is More of a Job than an Investment
- Fortune Cribs helps investors buy short-term rentals and select markets across the country for as little as 10% down with no cash on cash returns in the 20-30% range. Go to FortuneCribs.com and book your free consultation now!
- Jesse DiLillo on getting into real estate through an infomercial
- Various transitions - tax lien investing to real estate wholesaling, AirBnB’s then multifamily and self-storage deals
- How multifamily provides higher income and solves tax issues
[09:13 - 17:56] From Flipping to Multifamily - Lessons Learned
- Lessons learned transitioned from flipping to multifamily
- The value of due diligence
- Capital raise and proper evaluation
- Construction management
- What it takes to be an effective capital raiser
- People have to know who you are
- Have the capital lined up before the deal
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket
- Learn to let things go
- Stay in touch and keep relationships going
- The ins and outs of self-storage management
[17:57 - 24:03] The Legacy Round
- Want to know the best-kept secret when it comes to investing in single or multifamily flips? Hire an interior designer. Elevate your design, reconfigure your floor plans and develop functional spaces all to maximize your ROI. Just reach out to Melanie at email@example.com.
- The value of having an investor network and helping people along the way
[24:04 - 29:47] Slice of Knowledge
- Words to scream out to the world
- “Just keep going. There's nothing ever so bad that you gotta stop.”
- One Slice of Wisdom
- “Jump into the multifamily. Don't be scared of the big numbers.”
- Real Estate Multifamily Vocabulary
- Net operating income
- Cash on cash returns
- Books and Masterminds to Try
Connect with Jesse via Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Watch out for his content on YouTube and TikTok. Shoot him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for listening to Multifamily by the Slice!
If you liked our show, please LEAVE A 5-STAR REVIEW, like, and subscribe!
CONNECT WITH US:
FIND US ON:
Amazon Music Audible
I Heart Radio
Multifamily by the Slice Podcast
“One of the biggest things is people have to know who you are. Because if they don't know who you are, they're never going to trust you.” - Jesse DiLillo
“Don't go after a deal if you don't have the capital ready to go.” - Jesse DiLillo
“If you're always relying or expecting some sort of return… I don't think you're gonna have very much luck in life and you're probably gonna be pretty miserable.” - Jesse DiLillo
🍕Thanks for listening! Please subscribe to the show and leave a 5 star review. We appreciate your support.