Morgan Hampel is A certified Nuclear Engineer and Surface Warfare Officer, LT Hampel’s personal awards include the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal, Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, and various unit citations. LT Hampel is currently serving as an Assistant Professor of Naval Science at the University of San Diego. He is also a Real Estate Investor. In this episode, Morgan discusses the mindset and practical tools necessary for raising capital. He also discusses his experience using a CRM platform to raise money. A very well-detailed conversation that you would love to hear. So, with no further ado let’s get into it.
[00:01 - 07:09] Morgan Introduces Himself
● Fortune Cribs helps investors buy short-term rentals and select markets across the country for as little as 10% down with no cash-on-cash returns in the 20-30% range. Go to FortuneCribs.com and book your free consultation now.
● Morgan is an Active Naval Nuclear Engineering Officer
● He wishes to retire 10 to 20 years from and aims to have the Navy as his last employer.
[15:33 - 26:32] Real Estate Beginner's Guide to Syndication
● Morgan Hampel is a syndicator in the Iowa area, and he's from Minneapolis.
● He started investing in real estate back in 2017, and his goal is to have enough passive income through Realtors
● He was dabbling in single-family homes, but the issue was that a 12% return wasn't changing his life.
● So, he started looking into apartment indications, and his first two deals were capital raises of $1 million each.
● He emphasizes the importance of doing your research and being confident in your abilities.
● How he was able to raise $1 million for his first deal by following the same process as the successful real estate investors he was following.
● He advises others to network and attends meetups to stay to date on the latest trends in the real estate industry.
[26:33 - 33:37] Keep in Touch! Build Your Relationships with Your Investor
● Want to know the best-kept secret when it comes to investing in single or multifamily flips? Hire an interior designer. Elevate your design, reconfigure your floor plans and develop functional spaces all to maximize your ROI. Just reach out to Melanie at email@example.com.
● Build a relationship with your investor: cheer them because you want to see them succeed.
● Morgan shares the process of raising capital, and how Syndication Pro is a helpful tool in managing this process.
● the importance of marketing and networking to reach investors, and how Gray Periods are used to communicate with investors.
[33:38 - 43:58]
● Morgan Shouts “I had a very good life!”
● One Slice of Wisdom
○ “You have to understand and be honest with yourself where your goals are.” – Morgan Hampel
● Two fully defined terms: Cap Raising, Debt Service Coverage
● Morgan’s Recommendations
○ Best Ever Apartment Syndication Book
[43:59 - 44:58] Closing Segment
Connect with Ramsey via Instagram or visit www.hammerandhampel.comto learn more.
Thanks for listening to Multifamily by the Slice!
If you liked our show, please LEAVE A 5-STAR REVIEW, like, and subscribe!
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/ikedre/message
🍕Thanks for listening! Please subscribe to the show and leave a 5 star review. We appreciate your support.